– 6 tiger prawns in the shell/person (cleaned/deveined/defrosted)
– fresh chopped red chili (to taste)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 clove garlic crushed
– 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
– salt & pepper
– 100g dry pasta
– 4tbsp pasta water (reserved)
Start by putting the water on, loads of it to make sure your spaghetti has room to cook. While the water is coming to the boil, rinse your prawns off, if have they haven’t been deveined, you’ll need to sort that out. Once the prawns are rinsed, cleaned and patted dry you can finish off the dish.
Start by gently heating the garlic and chili in olive oil (add a tiny piece of butter if you are afraid of overcooking your garlic). Once the oil is hot add your prawns, season while cooking. About 3 minutes a side they should turn a bright pink colour. Add your parsley cook for a second longer.
At this stage we would take all the prawns out, removed the shells of 5 and leave one whole for presentation but that is your call. It is much easier to eat once deshelled.
Toss the prawns, cooked pasta and the reserved water and cook for two minutes till the reserved water has disappeared.
– If you fancy something a little richer add 4/5tbsp cream at the end instead of the water.
– Fry a few capers with the garlic and chilli, remove them and sprinkle on at the end
– Dress about 10gms of baby rocket per portion with lemon juice and olive oil and stir through the pasta right before serving
Deveining prawns: http://youtu.be/uNtpqxAd3eU